Apache and affinity

Dan Cradler (dcradler@clp.com)
Mon, 1 Jul 1996 15:40:51 -0700 (PDT)

From: Dan Cradler <dcradler@clp.com>
Subject: Apache and affinity
To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 15:40:51 -0700 (PDT)

Is it possible to use the process affinity feature of Fast CGI with with
Apache Module? I would like to use FastCGI to write a database interface
that will be on a very busy server. I need to have 10 or more processes
available to handle requests, each with its own database connection. I
would like to be able to cache user state information in memory so I need
to make sure the user gets the same FCGI process each time they access
the server. I suppose this could be accomplished with either a
multitheaded FCGI app or by using shared memory, but I would like to
avoid the complexity of these approaches. Anyone working on a setup like
this?

Dan Cradler             Contractors Labor Pool, Inc.      http://www.clp.com
dcradler@clp.com            "Quality workers for                info@clp.com
702-785-2000                quality contractors"                800-CALL CLP