FAST CGI -

Patrick Walsh/VGI (Patrick_Walsh@vanguard.com)
2 Jul 96 9:33:40 EST

To: fastcgi-developers <fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com>
From: Patrick Walsh/VGI <Patrick_Walsh@vanguard.com>
Date:  2 Jul 96  9:33:40 EST
Subject: FAST CGI -

We are doing stress testing of our FCGI system.  We have 100 simultaneous
browser sessions running from a testing utility against two (2) FCGI processes
(non Server managed).  We consistently get the following error:

[Tue Jul  2 09:16:39 1996] httpd: (#252) error connecting to FastCGI server,
can't connect to FastCGI process (Connection refused)
[Tue Jul  2 09:16:39 1996] httpd: access to /x/DA denied for
monet.vanguard.com, reason: (#230) error connecting to FastCGI server, can't
connect to FastCGI process:  (Resource temporarily unavailable)

What is causing this error?  Do we need to have more FCGI server processes?  Is
there a configuration parameter, like a retry count?