Re: fastcgi on NCSA httpd 1.5.2

Lai L F (csclailf@leonis.nus.sg)
Tue, 9 Jul 1996 18:29:09 +0800 (SST)

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 18:29:09 +0800 (SST)
From: Lai L F <csclailf@leonis.nus.sg>
To: bpm@techapp.com
Subject: Re: fastcgi on NCSA httpd 1.5.2

Hello Brian,
	May I know what platform are you running on? It seem that there
is some problem on Linux. Initially, I was unable to actually compile the
fastcgi server on Linux, the data type "struct timeval"  referred in the
file fcgi.c seems not to exists in any of the header files?!?! Then I
found that it exists in <linux/time.h> (linux2.0.0), so including this
file make compilation go smoothly...
	When I started up the server, I discovered that all the processes
pertaining to fastcgi are all owned by root?!?! (I set the owner of the
httpd process to be someone else) After that, I restarted the  server by
letting root be the owner of the httpd process, but when I tried to
invoke the fastcgi, the client side would just hang !!
	So can anyone enlighten me what is wrong? I seem to remember that
httpd 1.5 has some problem changing the ownership of the httpd process.

Regards
Lai

Lai Loong Fong                    |  email:  mailto:csclailf@nus.sg
Computational Science Department  |  WWW: http://www.cz3.nus.sg:8100/~lailf