multi-threaded applications and fastcgi

George Feinberg (gmf@odi.com)
Tue, 9 Jul 1996 16:21:14 -0400 (EDT)

From: George Feinberg <gmf@odi.com>
Subject: multi-threaded applications and fastcgi
To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 16:21:14 -0400 (EDT)

Let's give this list a try...

How does one develop a multi-threaded FastCGI application
in C or C++?  The examples I've seen use interfaces like
getenv() and printf(), which are implicitly process-global.

I guessing that either 1) such functions are overridden by
the FastCGI library to be context-sensitive, or 2) there are
other, thread-safe interfaces used for request-specific
contexts, but I'd like to know (and the code isn't handy
right now).

Thanks,

George
---
George M. Feinberg                       Phone:  617-674-5359
Object Design, Inc.			 FAX:    617-674-5459
25 Mall Rd.	 	                 gmf@odi.com
Burlington, MA 01803-4194