NCSA HTTPd 1.5.2 on Linux 2.0

Lai L F (csclailf@leonis.nus.sg)
Wed, 10 Jul 1996 13:53:38 +0800 (SST)

Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 13:53:38 +0800 (SST)
From: Lai L F <csclailf@leonis.nus.sg>
To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
Subject: NCSA HTTPd 1.5.2 on Linux 2.0

I am still unable to make the FastCGI work with the NCSA HTTPd 1.5.2 on
Linux 2.0......But I actually discover something...

1) NCSA HTTPd 1.5.2 can't compile out of the box just like that on Linux
2.0, in the file fcgi.c, the function FastCgiDoWork has a declaration like
	struct timeval timeOut;
and the struct timeval is not defined anywhere?! But I manage to find it
in <linux/time.h>, so I just include this file in fcgi.c and the
compilation went on smoothly...

2) The fastcgi process that I started in the srm.conf Appclass
(tiny-fcgi) that was spawned off by HTTPd was not owned by the owner
specified in the httpd.conf file?! On my FreeBSD machine running Apache
1.1, I noted that is was started by the owner specified in the httpd.conf
file...so I guess the error permission denied is cause by the ownership
of the process??

3) I can't solve the problem!!!

So did anyone manage to get NCSA HTTPd 1.5.2 running on Linux 2.0? Or can
anyone from Openmarket solve this problem? TIA!!!

Lai Loong Fong                    |  email:  mailto:csclailf@nus.sg
Computational Science Department  |  WWW: http://www.cz3.nus.sg:8100/~lailf
National University of Singapore  |       http://s130016.pc.nus.sg