Re: fcgi & SSLeay ???

Nigel Metheringham (Nigel.Metheringham@theplanet.net)
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 09:25:00 +0100

To: bpm@techapp.com
From: Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@theplanet.net>
Subject: Re: fcgi & SSLeay ???
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 09:25:00 +0100

} Question:  How do I now setup the FCGI to work with the SSL?  Right
} now, when I use https:... with the FCGI path, I get just garbage.  Is
} that a problem with the ncsa server not sending, or the FCGI not
} receiving with SSL?

The fastcgi stuff will be reading info directly from the socket,
which means its bypassing the SSL decode.  I have a fix for this for
apache - actually its the rehahed mod_fastcgi.c I posted a couple of
weeks back.

} I also got the Net::SSLeay perl library from
} http://www.neuronio.pt/SSLeay.pm.  The perl library works well.  Can
} that be interfaced with the FCGI perl to make SSL/FCGI perl app?

I guess not - you are going to be starting an SSL stream within an
existing stream.

	Nigel..

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@theplanet.net   - Unix Applications Engineer ]
[ *Views expressed here are personal and not supported by PLAnet* ]