Re: How do I keep my application from blocking on input?

Robert V. Head (robh@ninny.digicool.com)
Mon, 22 Jul 1996 13:25:51 -0400

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 13:25:51 -0400
From: "Robert V. Head" <robh@ninny.digicool.com>
To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
Subject: Re: How do I keep my application from blocking on input?

    Ken> It seems to me that you are always going to have to be prepared to make
    Ken> your application multithreaded or forking to handle multiple request
    Ken> anyway, otherwise you make the Web server single threaded on that
    Ken> request form.

	Well, I was hoping to be able to make the application
multithreaded but I wasn't aware of any FastCGI libraries that
supported multithreaded operation.  If you could point me in the
direction of such a library then I would be most grateful!

--
Robert V. Head, Software Engineer     | "And God said, 'Let there be light.',
Digital Creations, L.C. (540)371-6909 |  and so there was.  And then God