A couple of questions on apache-fastCGI

Michael Smith (mjs@cursci.co.uk)
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 10:40:54 +0100

Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 10:40:54 +0100
From: Michael Smith <mjs@cursci.co.uk>
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: A couple of questions on apache-fastCGI

Dear FastCGIers,

I have a couple of questions so I can perfect my apache-fastCGI
technique:

1)  Can I restart a fastCGI process without killing it?  I know the
server automatically restarts if it's killed but this means any current
connections will be terminated.  Is there a way to restart after the
current connection has been completed.

2)  I'm finding it a bit difficult to know how many fastCGI processes to
run.  I guess what I would like happen is that if a number of requests
greater than the number of fastCGI processes need to be processed, then
ordinary CGI will be used instead.  Is this what happens when
listen-queue-depth is exceeded?  If now that does this parameter do?

Thanks for any advice

Michael Smith