Re: Apache: no /fcgi/ dir ....

Mark Brown (mbrown@openmarket.com)
Thu, 08 Aug 1996 10:03:07 -0400

To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
Subject: Re: Apache: no /fcgi/ dir ....
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 1996 10:03:07 -0400
From: Mark Brown <mbrown@openmarket.com>

Fay Koussias asks:

    I am trying to install fastcgi for Apache.  After compiling the
    mod_fastcgi.c - that is, putting the entry in the Configure file
    and recompiling Apache - it compiles fine but I am not getting
    /fcgi/ dir in the same dir level as /cgi/.  Do I need to manually
    make this dir?

Are you referring to the /fcgi-bin/ directory that's used
in the example at the bottom of mod_fastcgi.html?  That's
just an example; mod_fastcgi doesn't "know" about any special
directories.  And it is only an alias; the real directory
it references is part of the FastCGI Developer's Kit
that you should have built.

    And also, do I need to copy the srm.conf-fcgi into the Apache
    srm.conf?  I would appreciate any input on the matter !=)

The file srm.conf-fcgi contains suggested additions to your
srm.conf; you would copy them in.  The AddType directive
is necessary.  The Alias and AppClass directives are used
to exercise two of the example programs included in the
FastCGI Developer's Kit.  You would remove these once
you had verified the installation, and replace them
with entries that reference your own applications.

    --mark