Re: Perl 5.003 + FastCGI + db extensions to perl.

CanLink - Chris Phillips (phillipc@canlink.com)
Sun, 11 Aug 1996 20:27:01 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Sun, 11 Aug 1996 20:27:01 -0400 (EDT)
From: CanLink - Chris Phillips <phillipc@canlink.com>
To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
Subject: Re: Perl 5.003 + FastCGI + db extensions to perl.

Hi all...

I've been lurking a bit and am very interested in fastcgi, but have held
back because the real reason to use it (for me) is to use perl with either
msqlperl, oraperl, or sybperl extensions.

I have watched people build for Solaris 2.5, perl5.003, and notice that it
takes a heck of a long time to really build a proper 'fastcgi' entity.

My question to the list is:

Does anyone have any 'reviews' or experience with fastcgi/perl5.003/perl
db extensions or modules?

The libraries I have are shared libraries, and the impression i get is
that they should be static ones that should be used. (Then again, I could
be wrong :))

Thanks in advance!

Chris...