Re: apache/fastcgi with linux

Lai L F (csclailf@leonis.nus.sg)
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 14:27:13 +0800 (SST)

Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 14:27:13 +0800 (SST)
From: Lai L F <csclailf@leonis.nus.sg>
To: Ajaya Sahoo <asahoo@cmgi.com>
Subject: Re: apache/fastcgi with linux

On Mon, 12 Aug 1996, Ajaya Sahoo wrote:

>         Downloaded the apache_1.1.1 and tried to work with the Fastcgi
> interface with Linux. Steps taken:
>
>         - pulled the mod_fastcgi.c and tried to rebuilt the apache after
> putting the mod_fastcgi.c Module in the Configuration file.
>
>         Errors encountered :

[snip]

>         Advise :
>
>         - Whether to go ahead with the warning messages while building the
> apache ?
>
>         - What should be the next step for starting the apache server ?
>
>           (How to make use of the 'conf/httpd.config' file ? It contains
> directives not recognised by apache.)

I think the changes should be made to srm.conf, something like

Alias /fcgi-bin/ /where/your/fcgi-bin/lies/

AddType application/x-httpd-fcgi .fcgi

AppClass /where/your/fcgi-bin/lies/tiny-fcgi.fcgi -process 1

>         - How to run FastCGI applications on the fcgi-devel-kit directory ?
>
>           ( In the /home/asahoo/aks/fcgi-devel-kit directory
>             ./configure
>              make
>
>             have been performed).

But I have no luck getting Apache or NCSA httpd with fastcgi to work on
Linux, if you have better luck, let me know. I always get the error like
Permission denied?!

Regards
Lai

Lai Loong Fong                    |  email:  mailto:csclailf@nus.sg