apache/FastCGI (written in C) with linux

Ajaya Sahoo (asahoo@cmgi.com)
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 11:13:15 -0400

Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 11:13:15 -0400
To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
From: Ajaya Sahoo <asahoo@cmgi.com>
Subject: apache/FastCGI (written in C) with linux

I have partial success in running the FastCGI programs written in C provided
in FastCGI script. The changes were only made in the srm.conf configuration
file of the apache server.

Assume that the FastCGI kit is in the directory /your-path-here.

AddType application/x-httpd-fcgi .fcgi

ScriptAlias /fcgi-bin/ /your-path-here/examples

(Donot use Alias directive, rather use ScriptAlias directive)

I started apache server and then I could execute the following FastCGI
programs written in C :

        tiny-fcgi
        echo

I tried to put the AppClass directives into the srm.conf. However apache
server didnot recognise the AppClass directive.

Trying to figure out how to run other programs written in C for FastCGI.

Can anyone provide the way I can bring up apache after I have reconfigured
any of the .conf files ? Right now I am rebooting the system to forcibly
bring down apache and then restart apache.
Ajaya Kumar Sahoo
asahoo@cmgi.com
Consultant at CMG Info. Services