Session Affinity

Oliver Lavery (oliver@citenet.net)
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 14:02:54 -0400

From: Oliver Lavery <oliver@citenet.net>
To: "'fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com'"
Subject: Session Affinity
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 14:02:54 -0400

I'm looking at developing a few FastCGI apps in C++, and was wondering =
if anyone had experience with session affinity (which doesn't seem to be =
covered in depth in the documentation)

- if an app using session affinity is run as several processes, will =
each session _always_ be routed to the same process?

- is there any maximum on the number of session which can be handled by =
a process?

- how is the uid (or whatever) for the session determined ... one of the =
examples listed several different methods, but are they configuration =
options or can determining the uid be handled by an Authorizer app or =
something of the like?

	My other question concerned threading ... I'm using Oracle, and was =
wondering if I could safely use two threads, one to handle FastCGI =
requests, and the other to write information accumulated from the =
requests into Oracle (in the background).

TIA
L.
ol