Re: Cannot download the devel-kit :-(

Mark Brown (mbrown@openmarket.com)
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 16:46:20 -0400

To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
Subject: Re: Cannot download the devel-kit :-(
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 16:46:20 -0400
From: Mark Brown <mbrown@openmarket.com>

Jichang Tan says:

    I have tried to download fcgi-devel-kit.tar.Z for several days
    (during weekends and weekdays) but the web server always closed up
    the connection before 300KB. I cannot find the kit in either ncsa
    or openmarket. Does anybody know any mirror site or private copy
    for the archive?

The kit is only available from the www.fastcgi.com site at this time,
although we have no objection to the idea of mirror sites.

I've looked at the server logs and it appears that quite a few
connections are aborting after about 50 K bytes have been transferred.
This in spite of a very very long connection timeout on our Web
server.

Your connection yesterday (from kenting.csie.ntu.edu.tw) broke after
13 minutes, far less than the Web server timeout.  Your effective
transfer rate was 59 bytes per second.  It is almost certain that the
TCP layer, not the Web server, gave up on the connection.

    --mark