fastCGI, memory leaks etc

Michael Smith (mjs@cursci.co.uk)
Mon, 19 Aug 1996 12:43:07 +0100

Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 12:43:07 +0100
From: Michael Smith <mjs@cursci.co.uk>
To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
Subject: fastCGI, memory leaks etc

I'm surprised this hasn't been raised before but I would like to be able
to have some directive for apache-fastCGI processes similar to
MaxRequestsPerChild, or at least some other way to achieve this effect.

I have tried to do this in the fastCGI process itself by saying
while((FCGI::accept()>0) && (count<100)) which achieves the desired
effect but the 100th access results in a server error.  Is there a way
to exit the fastCGI-loop gracefully?  It is important for me to be able
to restart the process every now and then, so if anybody can be of any
help I'd be eternally grateful (or till the end of the week, which ever
is sooner).

Thanks for any help

Michael Smith