FastCGI and SSL.

Michael Smith (mjs@cursci.co.uk)
Tue, 20 Aug 1996 12:05:54 +0100

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 12:05:54 +0100
From: Michael Smith <mjs@cursci.co.uk>
To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com, ssl-users@mincom.oz.au,
Subject: FastCGI and SSL.

Has anybody else out there tried to use fastCGI and SSL in apache?  I
don't see any reasons why it shouldn't work together but I'm having
trouble.  I managed to compile apache with fastCGI and SSL support
without any trouble (fastCGI first in the Configuration file).

It runs without errors, and non-fastCGI pages appear as they should.
But when I try to access a fastCGI page, the browser gives me the
following error:

SSL has received a record with an incorrect Message Authentication
Code.  This could indicate a network error, a bad server implementation,
or a security violation.

I get various random characters appearing in the browser window.  In the
ssl.log file I get (not sure if this is relevant) "CIPHER is
EXP-RC4-MD5".

If anybody else has got these modules to work together, please let me
know - or if anybody has any good ideas what I should do.

Thanks for any words of wisdom

Michael Smith