Re: FastCGI / Apache problems

Rujith S. de Silva (desilva@mail.industry.net)
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 13:23:40 -0400

Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 13:23:40 -0400
From: "Rujith S. de Silva" <desilva@mail.industry.net>
To: Steve Kann <stevek@io360.com>
Subject: Re: FastCGI / Apache problems

> > Programs with exit()s will give lots of problems when used as FastCGI
> > programs: truncation of pages, server error messages, high server loads
> > as the server repeatedly re-runs the programs as they exit, etc.
>
> Well I can't comment on the whole reliability issue -- I haven't
> _really_ beat on fastcgi yet, but the exit issue can be taken care of
> pretty easily, I think..
>
> in C, you could do atexit(FCGI_Finish), and that should clean things
> up..

If the FastCGI program were to call exit() as part of processing a request,
then doing atexit(FCGI_Finish) would indeed ensure (if it all works properly)
that the request does not get truncated.  But now the FastCGI process is
handling one request and exiting ... hmm, sounds like CGI to me!

Later,
Rujith.