FastCGI / Apache problems

Bob Ramstad (rramstad@nfic.com)
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 15:01:04 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 15:01:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: Bob Ramstad <rramstad@nfic.com>
To: mbrown@OpenMarket.com
Subject: FastCGI / Apache problems

mark, thanks for the reply.  we're interested in getting to the bottom
of the problems and will definitely share with you any and all
materials we can come up with.

getpeername is a system call on SunOS.  i couldn't find a prototype or
definition anywhere.  fclose is also "missing" though gcc adds it to
its internal headers.  take a look at Apache 1.1.1 src/conf.h at the
end, they define all sorts of groovy things.  Sun Quality Software.
gotta love it.

>     * quite often we'll get a "FastCGI: /foo/bar/baz terminated due to
>     signal" error.

> Unfortunately mod_fastcgi doesn't extract the signal number.
> Does the application give a core dump?

doesn't core dump.

>     * occasionally we'll get a "mod_fastcgi.o: 1365 assert failed (len >
>     0)" message.

> This should certainly give you a core dump.  A stack trace with
> variables would be a good start at understanding what's going on.

yes, does core dump.  when it does it again, i'll take a closer look
at what is going on.

the list of known problems is really helpful.

-- Bob