FCGI specification by directory/region?

Marc Stein (mstein@pathfinder.com)
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 11:21:16 -0400 (EDT)

From: mstein@pathfinder.com (Marc Stein (Pathfinder))
Subject: FCGI specification by directory/region?
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 11:21:16 -0400 (EDT)

We are about to test our first Fast-CGI app
at Pathfinder, and are still stuck on a question
we're not sure we've ever had a definitive answer
on:

Can we cause an FCGI filter to be run for all files
in a single directory or pathname region, or are
we limited to MIME type as the means by which to
assign html files to filters?  MIME type is
considered a very unattractive option, in that
we don't want to have to begin calling our files
something other than *.html.

What is the latest word on this?  Are there other
options I should know about for selecting certain
portions of a content base for Fast-CGI filtering?

Marc Stein = mstein@pathfinder.com
  Database Engineer, Pathfinder
      http://pathfinder.com

       Time Inc. New Media