Re: New packet??

Mark Brown (mbrown@OpenMarket.com)
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 12:48:32 -0400

To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: Re: New packet??
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 12:48:32 -0400
From: Mark Brown <mbrown@OpenMarket.com>

R.W. Shore said:

    I've taken a look at the spec (version 1.0 dated 29-Apr-1996) and
    propose a new packet type.  ...  this would allow the app to
    remove stuff it's sent to stdout after it detects an error.

I think an application that wants this behavior should buffer its
output and not transmit any of it to the Web server until the chance
of an error has passed.  Once the app has started sending the response
to the Web server it pretty much has to assume that some of the
response will be sent on to the browser, so there isn't much the app
can do to improve the user's experience with any reliability.

    --mark