ncsa

Roger Day (roger@ssynth.co.uk)
Tue, 10 Sep 1996 14:58:44 +0100

Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 14:58:44 +0100
From: roger@ssynth.co.uk (Roger Day)
To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
Subject: ncsa

As far as I know I've configured everything correctly (but who knows...)

The 1.5.2 ncsa server config looks something like this:

FCGIScriptAlias /fcgi-bin/ /usr/local/etc/httpd/fcgi-devel-kit/examples/

# Define the AppClasses. These get hit when requests come in for
# /fcgi-bin/tiny-fcgi.fcgi or /fcgi-bin/tiny-fcgi2.fcgi
AppClass /usr/local/etc/httpd/fcgi-devel-kit/examples/tiny-perl-fcgi -listen-que
ue-depth 10 -processes 2

(which is reasonable)

and the server forks off two 'tiny-perl-fcgi' processes quite nicely.

However, when I go to call the script,

http://caligula.ssynth.co.uk:8080/fcgi-bin/tiny-perl-fcgi

The browser hangs and nothing happens.The normal cgi-bin works quite happily.

 Should I have set something somewhere else? Are there compiler options I should
have used? (I used the -DFCGI etc)

 I'm running Sol2.5.

Cheers

Roger.