Re: OS error 'permission denied'

Scott Langley (langles@VOTE-SMART.ORG)
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 00:56:42 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 00:56:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: Scott Langley <langles@VOTE-SMART.ORG>
To: freeform <freeform@wired.com>
Subject: Re: OS error 'permission denied'

I figured this out yesterday for my Linux system.  Client sockets were
unable to connect to the FastCGI listener socket because the chmod in the
1.3 Module makes them read-only (Sr--------).

I changed line 854 in mod_fastcgi.c :

     chmod(DStringValue(&ipcAddrPtr->bindPath), S_IRUSR);

To:
     chmod(DStringValue(&ipcAddrPtr->bindPath), S_IRUSR|S_IWUSR);

and it then worked for me.

| Scott Langley              |          Project Vote Smart        |
| Online Services Director   |      Hotline: 1-800-622-SMAR(T)    |
| langles@vote-smart.org     |    WWW:  http://www.vote-smart.org |