Re: FastCGI for Netscape Server

Joseph Coco (Joe_Coco@firefly.net)
Thu, 26 Sep 1996 16:56:17 -0500

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 16:56:17 -0500
From: Joseph Coco <Joe_Coco@firefly.net>
To: melhaas@qsun.ho.att.com
Subject: Re: FastCGI for Netscape Server

Amen brother!  We are seriously considering moving to Apache because
tracking down memory bugs in our NSAPI code is almost impossible due to
the fact that Netscape won't give us a version of the httpd executable
that contains debugging symbols.  Of course, with Apache, this is not an
issue.  Plus, I kind of like the flexibility of using either a direct
server API or using fastCGI.

Its unfortunate that Netscape won't give us a debugged version of the
server executable.  Its just as unfortunate that they won't support
fastCGI.  We are testing Apache next week to see if it will work for us.

Joe Coco
joe_coco@firefly.net
http://www.firefly.net