Re: Perl fork/pipe/exec

Gregory J. Murphy (gjmurphy@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Mon, 30 Sep 1996 17:11:09 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 17:11:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Gregory J. Murphy" <gjmurphy@phoenix.Princeton.EDU>
To: FastCGI-list <fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com>
Subject: Re: Perl fork/pipe/exec

On Mon, 30 Sep 1996, Mark Lester wrote:

> I am having problems forking a process and piping to/from it in fast-CGI
> Perl. I understand this is because the file operations have been overloaded
> by
> FCGI, although I don't understand too much. I am using the open2.pl program,
> which does stuff like
>         open(STDIN,  "<&$kid_rdr");
>         open(STDOUT, ">&$kid_wtr");

	This works fine for me, under FastCGI as elsewhere.  Are you
perhaps not setting $| to non-zero, so as to force a flush after every
write() or print()?  I have had this problem in the past.
	If this isn't it, could you post more of the code?

Gregory Murphy, Text Systems Manager
CETH (The Center for Electronic Texts in the Humanities)
W^3="http://www.princeton.edu/~gjmurphy"