Apache fastcgi_mod "bug"

Jonathan Roy (roy@atlantic.net)
Fri, 04 Oct 1996 19:28:41 -0400

Date: Fri, 04 Oct 1996 19:28:41 -0400
To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
From: Jonathan Roy <roy@atlantic.net>
Subject: Apache fastcgi_mod "bug"

  Hey there. I found that the fastcgi module will only recognize a requested
.fcg file as matching AppClass if they are indeed the same file. I had used
the AppClass with the real program and tried to run it from a pathname which
has a directory symlink to the actual location, and it was "not found".

  I'm trying to use the fastcgi for a perl program I call as a SSI. Having
the problem that all of the Content-type and similar messages are appearing
on my page... the web server isn't filtering those out for me. :/ I'll keep
messing with it... is there something I am overlooking for using fastcgi
programs as SSI programs?

-Jonathan

--
Jonathan Roy - roy@idle.com -- Idle Communications, Inc.