Re: fastcgi and ssi

Mark Brown (mbrown@openmarket.com)
Wed, 09 Oct 1996 09:36:34 -0400

To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
Subject: Re: fastcgi and ssi
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 1996 09:36:34 -0400
From: Mark Brown <mbrown@openmarket.com>

James Golovich says

    I was succesful with the "include virtual" ssi with fastcgi,
    except for one minor problem (feature ?!?) of the mod_fastcgi, it
    always prints the HTTP:, MIME:, and Date: headers.  And when this
    is used for ssi includes virtual it displays all of these headers
    to the user.  I have always been succesful using the same program
    with only the Content-type: text/html header, but when I the
    mod_fastcgi adds these other headers it displays all of them.

I suspect that the problem is that mod_fastcgi is generating these
headers itself (see the function BeginHeader) rather than using
Apache facilities.  I'll put this on the list to look at.
If you are interested you could try to patch it yourself
by studying how mod_cgi generates response headers and making
mod_fastcgi as similar as possible.

    --mark