hooking fastcgi to Sybase

George Pipkin (gpp8p@holmes.acc.virginia.edu)
Thu, 10 Oct 1996 11:20:31 -0400

Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 11:20:31 -0400
To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
From: George Pipkin <gpp8p@holmes.acc.virginia.edu>
Subject: hooking fastcgi to Sybase

Dear Fastcgi developers:

   I have been trying to hook up a simple fastcgi program running on the
Apache server to Sybase.  I have getten some wrapper classes that simplify
the interface to Sybase's dbserver.  I tried putting these classes into one
of the simple example programs, echo and echo2 (tried it both ways, with
the fcgi_stdio and without).  I get a similar result whenever I send it any
transactions - nothing comes back, and mod_fastcgi throws the following
exception:

mod_fastcgi.c:870: failed assertion `bufPtr->size > 0'

Does anybody know what this exception means ?  Also, is there anything that
fastcgi does, perhaps in its use of pipes to handle the communication
between apache and the fastcgi program - anything that might conflict with
the Sybase dbserver interface ?

                          - George Pipkin

George P. Pipkin                                      h - (804)-296-3253
Advanced Technology Group                             w - (804)-924-1329
Office of Information Technologies
University of Virginia             http://holmes.acc.virginia.edu/~gpp8p
**