Re: ScriptAlias and SetHandler

Mark Brown (mbrown@openmarket.com)
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 16:13:33 -0400

To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
Subject: Re: ScriptAlias and SetHandler
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 16:13:33 -0400
From: Mark Brown <mbrown@openmarket.com>

Bob Ramstad notes:

    Location takes a URL based path, while Directory takes an actual
    physical file path.  AppClass also takes an actual physical file
    path.  I think the examples that Mark sent are missing Alias
    commands and/or should be using Directory and not Location.

Right you are.

Until we get some improved docs for Apache, the only way to
determine how directives interact is to try them.  Just to
keep things simple I'd suggest staying away from ScriptAlias
and using only Alias and SetHandler.  That seems pretty
likely to work as intended.  I'd welcome reports of actual experience.

    --mark