RE: Environment variables

Alan Sparks (asparks@nss.harris.com)
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 08:23:40 -0700

From: Alan Sparks <asparks@nss.harris.com>
To: "'fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com'"
Subject: RE: Environment variables
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 08:23:40 -0700

The FastCGI processes only get environment variables from the Web server
startup directive (AppClass).  If you specify one or more -initial-env options
in the AppClass directive, this is passed to the process.  The variables set
in the Web server's environment are *not* passed.

If no -initial-env parameters are specified, the only environment the FCGI
process gets are the standard CGI variables, set fresh in each iteration of
the FCGI_accept loop.
-Alan