Re: environment variables - Perl 5.003/FCGI

Alan Sparks (asparks@nss.harris.com)
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 08:27:10 -0700

Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 08:27:10 -0700
From: Alan Sparks <asparks@nss.harris.com>
To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
Subject: Re: environment variables - Perl 5.003/FCGI

I've got stuff working finally (it's very nice).  The problem (not
solved, but worked around) is that the variables are seeming to
disappear *inside the FCGI::accept loop*.  Appears to be something
funky with the way the FCGI module handles environ;  in FCGI.c, it
clears the hash ENV (the Perl environment array), then tries to rebuild
it from environ.  Doesn't seem to se working great, but no time to
debug why.

I just pluck the values out of the environment before calling
FCGI:accept the first time, and assign to global variables.
That seems to get me where I want to be.

-Alan
--
Alan Sparks, IS Engineering Support
Harris Network Support Systems