Re: environment variables - Perl 5.003/FCGI

Stanley Gambarin (gambarin@openmarket.com)
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 17:05:57 -0400

To: Alan Sparks <asparks@nss.harris.com>
Subject: Re: environment variables - Perl 5.003/FCGI
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 17:05:57 -0400
From: Stanley Gambarin <gambarin@openmarket.com>

> I've got stuff working finally (it's very nice).  The problem (not
> solved, but worked around) is that the variables are seeming to
> disappear *inside the FCGI::accept loop*.  Appears to be something
> funky with the way the FCGI module handles environ;  in FCGI.c, it
> clears the hash ENV (the Perl environment array), then tries to rebuild
> it from environ.  Doesn't seem to se working great, but no time to
> debug why.
>
> I just pluck the values out of the environment before calling
> FCGI:accept the first time, and assign to global variables.
> That seems to get me where I want to be.
>
> -Alan
> --
> Alan Sparks, IS Engineering Support
> Harris Network Support Systems
> Internet: asparks@harris.com
> Voice: (805) 389-2430   FAX: (805) 389-2206

	What version of Perl FastCGI module are you using ?  The
behavior that you describe above was present in the previous version
of FastCGI Perl module, however the new module provides a replacement by
setting the request environment at the beginning of the request and unsetting
it at the end of the request.  There is no interraction with the initial
environment, assuming there is no conflict (i.e you don't change a value
provided by initial environment within a request.

* Stanley Gambarin			Open Market Inc.		      *
* FastCGI (soon-to-be) Guru		245 First St. Cambridge MA 02142      *
*					(617) - 374 - 6565		      *
* mailto://gambarin@openmarket.com					      *
* 				http://acs2.bu.edu:8001/~stanleyg (school)    *
*				mailto://stanleyg@cs.bu.edu		      *