Re: handler "fastcgi-script"

Vance Huntley (vance@webgenesis.com)
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 14:30:23 -0400

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 14:30:23 -0400
To: Jonathan Roy <roy@atlantic.net>
From: Vance Huntley <vance@webgenesis.com>
Subject: Re: handler "fastcgi-script"

>At 08:49 AM 10/18/96 -0400, Mark Brown wrote:
>  Hmm. This is the thing. We have two scripts, ad.cgi and ad.fcg. On one
>machine we want "ad.cgi" to run "ad.fcg" and on the other machine we want it
>to run "ad.cgi". Is there a way to bind a specific Location /path/filename
>to a specific AppClass to call?

Hmm I'm not sure if it would be helpful or not, but I have hacked mod_fastcgi to support mapping a file extension to a particular AppClass.  An example from my own srm.conf:

AddType application/x-httpd-fcgi .test1
AddHandler fastcgi-script	.test2
	.
	.
AppClass /web/examples/echo2 -suffix .test2 -initial-env STATE=TEXAS
AppClass /home/vance/tester -suffix test1

Thus, any request with a .test1 suffix is passed to /home/vance/tester.

If anyone thinks this would be useful, I will post the patch.

Vance

Vance Huntley

Director of Technology & GenesisJive Guy
WebGenesis, Inc., Ithaca, NY 14850

vance@webgenesis.com --- 607.255.8499

Check out "The Globe"!  ---  http://www.theglobe.com/