Re: handler "fastcgi-script"

Jonathan Roy (roy@atlantic.net)
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 13:39:34 -0500

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 13:39:34 -0500
To: Vance Huntley <vance@webgenesis.com>
From: Jonathan Roy <roy@atlantic.net>
Subject: Re: handler "fastcgi-script"

  I guess I'm just lazy. We mirror the html to multiple servers and mirror
the cgi with it. I wanted the call to the cgi to map into a specific fastcgi
script instead on only one specific server, by settings in the conf files
ONLY. :) We can work around it for now I guess, or at some point try to get
all of the mirror sites to upgrade their servers to be fast-cgi compatible
and also run our fastcgi script.

  Someone fixed SSI with fastcgi yet? :)

-Jonathan

At 02:30 PM 10/27/96 -0400, Vance Huntley wrote:
>>At 08:49 AM 10/18/96 -0400, Mark Brown wrote:
>>  Hmm. This is the thing. We have two scripts, ad.cgi and ad.fcg. On one
>>machine we want "ad.cgi" to run "ad.fcg" and on the other machine we want it
>>to run "ad.cgi". Is there a way to bind a specific Location /path/filename
>>to a specific AppClass to call?
>>

>Hmm I'm not sure if it would be helpful or not, but I have hacked
mod_fastcgi to support mapping a file extension to a particular AppClass.
An example from my own srm.conf:

--
Jonathan Roy - roy@idle.com -- Idle Communications, Inc.
Mail rhoefer@cdmag.com to advertise with the Games Domain!