Problem with mod_fastcgi and virtual hosts

Michael Smith (mjs@cursci.co.uk)
Thu, 31 Oct 1996 14:33:14 +0000

Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 14:33:14 +0000
From: Michael Smith <mjs@cursci.co.uk>
To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
Subject: Problem with mod_fastcgi and virtual hosts

I am having a bit of a problem with mod_fastcgi 1.3.1 (I don't believe
there have been any relevant changes made since) and VirtuaHosts.

What I have done is to take the AppClass definitions out of the
VirtualHost definitions - as I want them to apply to more than one
server, so what I have is something like this:

Listen 8008
Listen 8443

  AddType application/x-httpd-fcgi .fpl
  AppClass /home/fastcgi.fpl -processes 1

<VirtualHost server:8008>
..
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost server:8443>
..
</VirtualHost>

Now it seems to by and large work - except that when I do a PS, all the
fastCGI processes are kids of a process owned by web which has no
parent, so kill and restart won't work properly.

Another issue is that I have passed the port number to by cgi scripts
via --initial-env which is impossible in this instance.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks

Michael Smith