Re: Problem with mod_fastcgi and virtual hosts

Michael Smith (mjs@cursci.co.uk)
Fri, 01 Nov 1996 15:00:47 +0000

Date: Fri, 01 Nov 1996 15:00:47 +0000
From: Michael Smith <mjs@cursci.co.uk>
To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
Subject: Re: Problem with mod_fastcgi and virtual hosts

Further to this message, on further investigation I have discovered this
behaviour using Apache-SSL.  With the same config file (give or take an
SSLDisable), if I run with apache, the fastCGI processes belong to root,
if I run with apache-SSL, they belong to a process owned by web which
has no parent.

Can anyone explain this odd (well it's odd to me) behaviour?

Mike