Re: fastcgi under bsdi?

Darren Reinig (darren@aeonics.com)
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 21:59:30 -0800 (PST)

Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 21:59:30 -0800 (PST)
From: Darren Reinig <darren@aeonics.com>
To: Philip Lockwood <philipl@digitalthink.com>
Subject: Re: fastcgi under bsdi?

On Sat, 9 Nov 1996, Philip Lockwood wrote:

> Well, bsdi, perl, and fastcgi have decided to tagteam me into making
> my thursday feel like a monday...

Well, we don;t know the difference between thursday and monday on a
regular basis, so YOU are not alone.

> Has anyone gotten fastcgi working under bsdi?  I've looked through
> the mail archives to no avail, but i'm sure someone must successfully
> be running bsdi...
>
> I'm getting the following compiler error during the make:
>
> perl.o: Undefined symbol _run referenced from text segment
>
> right after the shlicc2:
>
> shlicc2  -L/usr/local/fcgi-devel-kit/libfcgi -L/usr/local/lib -o
> miniperl miniperlmain.o libperl.a
> /usr/local/fcgi-devel-kit/libfcgi/libfcgi.a  -lfcgi
>
> perl.o: Undefined symbol _run referenced from text segment

I recommend using GCC.  I compiled it using gcc with 0 problems.
Although you may have a Perl problem as well (we have only been doing
FastCGI in C).  We were unable to get a clean compile for Perl 5.003
using sh**cc2, however...

> I've received a similar error with different shlicc commands...  Has
> anyone gotten this to work?  using shlicc2 or gcc?  Any secret code
> words or special chants involved???

The secret chant is:  "The GNU Compiler is my friend...The GNU compiler
is my friend..."  :-)

> thanks,
>
> Phil Lockwood

Good luck!