Re: Assertion failure in fastcgi.c

Stanley Gambarin (gambarin@openmarket.com)
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 13:12:43 -0500

To: Ned Rhinelander <Ned_Rhinelander@zd.com>
Subject: Re: Assertion failure in fastcgi.c
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 13:12:43 -0500
From: Stanley Gambarin <gambarin@openmarket.com>

> I'm seeing the following error (stderr) once in a while on a running fcgi
> system:
>
> assertion "header.version=FCGI_VERSION_1 failed: file "fastcgi.c", line 1312
>
> It doesn't happen very often, which confuses me.  As far as I know I'm up to
> date...I downloaded the developer's kit last week.
>
> Ned Rhinelander
> ZD Net
> ned_rhinelander@zd.com

	This problem is a known bug in the FastCGI Developer's Kit and should
be fixed in the release.  In the meantime,  you can fix this problem
yourself by applying to following one line change to fcgiapp.c and then
recompiling the developer's kit:

	in fcgiapp.c - replace

line 1633
	memcpy(&header + headerLen, stream->rdNext, count);
by
	memcpy(((char *)(&header)) + headerLen, stream->rdNext, count);

	That should fix the described problem.
							Stanley.

* Stanley Gambarin			Open Market Inc.		      *
* FastCGI (soon-to-be) Guru		245 First St. Cambridge MA 02142      *
*					(617) - 949 - 7487		      *
* mailto://gambarin@openmarket.com					      *
* 				http://acs2.bu.edu:8001/~stanleyg (school)    *
*				mailto://stanleyg@cs.bu.edu		      *