fastCGI for Jigsaw?

bpm (bpm@terraweb.com)
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 14:09:00 -0600

From: bpm@terraweb.com (bpm)
To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
Subject: fastCGI for Jigsaw?
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 14:09:00 -0600

Hello,
	I am working on getting fastCGI to work with the w3c Jigsaw httpd
server (http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Jigsaw/). I can get the cgi-fcgi
gateway to work, however the FIRST attempt at a connection results in
the browser "spinning", waiting for a close.  I'm working with the w3c
people to determine what the problem is.  The NCSA 1.5.2a server works
just great with the example fcgi, so I know the problem is with the
way Jigsaw handles the initial socket/stream connection.

But my question is have anyone at OpenMarket looked at Jigsaw?  It is
a great Java httpd 1.1 server.  I was wondering on the incorporation
of the fcgi-devel-kit/java/src/* classes into a Jigsaw resource.  I
have an idea in that I need to incorporate the FCGIOutputStream &
FCGIInputStream into the Jigsaw resource that handles the cgi process,
but what else do I need to worry about?

Thanks

--
---