mod_fastcgi AppClass -port under Solaris

Ben Davenport (bpd@merc.com)
Mon, 2 Dec 1996 10:48:55 -0700

Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 10:48:55 -0700
To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
From: Ben Davenport <bpd@merc.com>
Subject: mod_fastcgi AppClass -port under Solaris

Subject line pretty much says it all.  Has anyone had success using the TCP
option (-port) for an AppClass directive under mod_fastcgi/Apache 1.1.1 on
Solaris?

When I try to use this, I a message similar to the following repeated over
and over in the error log:

Caught SIGSEGV: Core dumped.

The reason I am trying to use TCP sockets is that we seem to be running
into buffering problems with the named pipe scheme.  Has anyone else run
into this problem?  Are there other known ways to solve this problem?

-Ben

--
Ben Davenport   <bpd@merc.com>
Experience varies directly with equipment ruined.