Re: Scripts for FastCGI ?

ejw@globecomm.net
Tue, 03 Dec 1996 14:59:03 -0800

From: ejw@globecomm.net
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 1996 14:59:03 -0800
To: "Gupta, Shinu" <shinu@webvalue.com>
Subject: Re: Scripts for FastCGI ?

At 07:38 PM 12/1/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I am very new to FCGI. From the description it seems that we need to create
>scripts in order to run the cgi applications using Fast CGI. We already
have a
>lot of applications that use Oracle Database and we are trying to look into
>FCGI - in order to avoid multiple logon connections.

well, just to help you along in that we have installation of heavily used
fastcgi programs (written in c++) that used to connect to oracle each time,
now once upon startup.  we noticed a 10x improvement in speed related to the
overall time it took the application to run from start to finish.  the load
is steadily increasing and fastcgi is handling it well.

>What I dont understand is - how to call these executables. Can I just add
>cgi-fcgi somewhere in the URL to make this work?

Alias		/newdir/	/path/to/somedir/
AppHandler	someext
AppClass	/path/to/somedir/prog.someext

http://www.foo.com/newdir/prog.somext