Re: losing connections to FCGI procs

freeform (freeform@wired.com)
Thu, 5 Dec 1996 11:37:43 -0800 (PST)

Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 11:37:43 -0800 (PST)
From: freeform <freeform@wired.com>
To: Ben Davenport <bpd@merc.com>
Subject: Re: losing connections to FCGI procs

the EXACT same thing happens for me (bianca.com)

here is my short term hack to 'fix' the problem,
until it is officially fixed.

i have a daemon that continually tails the error_log
looking for "Interruped system call" and  "Connection refused".
if found, the daemon SIGHUPS the httpd,
and continues tailing the error_log.

as you pointed it,
the problem may appear again within seconds/minutes,
or not again for hours,
but atleast hupping the httpd gets things flowing again.

{freeform}