Re: FastCGI/Win32 ("")
Thu, 5 Dec 1996 16:13:29 -0600 (CST)

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: FastCGI/Win32
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 16:13:29 -0600 (CST)

> Is the fastcgi client library available for Win32? I'd like to run a
> unix-web server with the fastcgi program running on a different
> machine which uses NT.

That would actually be quite useful.. for thse cost of most Unix based
OBDC implementations, you could buy a copy of NT server and use its
built-in odbc libraries to access just about any database under the
sun (with an ODBC driver for windows). MS SQL is WAY cheaper then
Informix or Oracle, but didn't have a socket interface the last time I
You could even buy a high-end pentium machine, completely decked out,
to run NT on with the money you'd save by not buying Oracle/Informix.

Lots of possabilites!