Re: FastCGI/Win32

Ingo Luetkebohle (il@devconsult.de)
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 10:08:13 +0100 (MET)

Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 10:08:13 +0100 (MET)
From: Ingo Luetkebohle <il@devconsult.de>
To: "cjs@iamerica.net" <cjs2895@ns1.zencom.com>
Subject: Re: FastCGI/Win32

On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, cjs@iamerica.net wrote:
> You could even buy a high-end pentium machine, completely decked out,
> to run NT on with the money you'd save by not buying Oracle/Informix.

Well, cost is not one of the reasons I am looking for an NT port. If I
were out for a powerful, low-cost server I'd choose Linux (in fact,
the web-server is running Apache/FastCGI on Linux).

We are looking for an NT port because we have to interface to another
library and can't wait to begin until that library is ported to unix.
The library will be ported by 2Q of next year, though, and we want to
be able to switch by then. Thats why we are looking for a cross-
platform solution.

---Ingo Luetkebohle
dev/consulting Gesellschaft fuer Netzwerkentwicklung und -beratung mbH
url: http://www.devconsult.de/ - fon: 0521-1365800 - fax: 0521-1365803