Re: FastCGI/Win32

Bob Ramstad (rramstad@nfic.com)
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 09:18:42 -0500 (EST)

Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 09:18:42 -0500 (EST)
From: Bob Ramstad <rramstad@nfic.com>
To: darren@aeonics.com
Subject: Re: FastCGI/Win32

   I totally agree.  I think, however, that someone would have to port
   Apache to NT, or OpenMarket could create an NT version of their web
<snip>

   Has anyone done any work towards this end?  As much as UNIX is the
   superior OS, it would be nice to have across the board support for NT as
   well.

apologies for hogging bandwidth with my replies.

i've done some porting to NT.  it's ugly.  personally, i'm really
happy that these tools are available for Unix.  to be honest, there
are clearly flaws and problems with the current amount of manpower on
these projects (i.e. Apache documentation, anyone?)

i would rather have them focus on improving the current systems than
trying to port to NT, which as i've said before, is a total nightmare.

now, in a perfect world, all of this stuff would be available, tested
and documented for a variety of platforms, but if they can only be
available on one set of platforms, make it Unix.

-- Bob