libfcgiapp (was: Re: FastCGI/Win32)

Ingo Luetkebohle (il@devconsult.de)
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 15:51:18 +0100 (MET)

Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 15:51:18 +0100 (MET)
From: Ingo Luetkebohle <il@devconsult.de>
To: Bob Ramstad <rramstad@nfic.com>
Subject: libfcgiapp (was: Re: FastCGI/Win32)

On Fri, 6 Dec 1996, Bob Ramstad wrote:
> i've done some porting to NT.  it's ugly.  personally, i'm really
> happy that these tools are available for Unix.

I agree wholeheartedly but its not my decision to make. I can't avoid
working on NT for the meantime. As much as I'd like to, its simply
impossible.

Anyway, I looked at the fcgiapp library distributed with the FCGI
developers kit and noted that it is available as source. Because it
relies only on socket i/o, porting should be possible. Now, before I
start hacking: Did anyone try this before? Any gotchas to look out
for?

I'd really like a comment from someone at OpenMarket here -- they
boast about doing a port of their servers to NT so they surely know
about this, too.

---Ingo Luetkebohle
dev/consulting Gesellschaft fuer Netzwerkentwicklung und -beratung mbH
url: http://www.devconsult.de/ - fon: 0521-1365800 - fax: 0521-1365803