failed assertion `bufPtr->size > 0'

George Pipkin (gpp8p@holmes.acc.virginia.edu)
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 18:27:00 -0500

Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 18:27:00 -0500
To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
From: George Pipkin <gpp8p@holmes.acc.virginia.edu>
Subject: failed assertion `bufPtr->size > 0'

Does anybody know what the following error message means:

failed assertion `bufPtr->size > 0'

   I have a C++ program, and it runs through the accept loop twice
correctly, but on the third try it throws this exception, shuts down the
process, and fails to return anything to the browser.  The really funny
thing is that there are several objects that get greated and deleted during
the course of this loop. One of these stores the results of the computation
down in the program for output in the accept loop.  If I try to delete it,
the exception happens after the second try.   If I let it stay, everything
is ok (except, of course, memory is leaked).  Any ideas ?

                                        - George Pipkin

George P. Pipkin                                      h - (804)-296-3253
Advanced Technology Group                             w - (804)-924-1329
Office of Information Technologies
University of Virginia             http://holmes.acc.virginia.edu/~gpp8p
**