using fast-cgi with PERL and linux

The Webmaster (webadm@echo.cica.fr)
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 15:34:05 +0100 (MET)

Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 15:34:05 +0100 (MET)
From: The Webmaster <webadm@echo.cica.fr>
To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
Subject: using fast-cgi with PERL and linux

Hi everybody,

I have a simple question : is FCGI supposed to work (to compile) with
PERL and linux ?
Who succeded in this task ?

-fcgi works without any problem for C
-according to the documentation there 2 ways to use fcgi with PERL but
1) the sfio version I get doesn't want to compile itself
2) so the second way was to patch PERL, but with this patch PERL did not
want to compile itself anymore.
I changed run() to runops() in perl.c, I got rid of -fpic option in
Makefile, I added "-noprototypes" option in FCGI/Makefile.PL, ...
with all these modifications I succeded in compiling PERL with fcgi,
but I have now "segmentation fault" when I "use FCGI" in perl cgi.

I tested it with two perl-5.003 and perl perl5.003_11, 2 different linux
and one BSDI OSs.

Thanks for your help,

	Chris, Webadm.
	Nice, FRANCE.