Re: trouble building sfio under linux

Gary Shea (
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 12:24:57 -0700

Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 12:24:57 -0700
To: steve farrell <>,
From: (Gary Shea)
Subject: Re: trouble building sfio under linux

Steve -- My recommendation is, don't try to fix it!  Just copy
your sfhdr.h, libsfio.a, and that other .h file (whatever it is :)
to their respective directories, and be done.  The stuff in Stdio_b
is only used in a stdio emulation, to the best of my recollection,
and doesn't (I THINK) find its way into libsfio.a.  I recently built
perl5.003_10 with sfio and it passed all tests without the stuff in

Can anyone else speak to this?

At 06:56 AM 12/14/96 -0600, steve farrell wrote:
>i'm having trouble building perl-fcgi under linux.  i'm getting stuck
>on compiling Stdio_b (part of sfio).  the script is coming
>up with numerous errors pertaining to locating stdio FILE stuff.  does
>anyone have an patches to get past this, or binaries or advice?
>thanks  --
>--stephen farrell | | (773) 834-0485
Gary Shea                                          Salt Lake City, Utah