Mailing List Important Info (please read this)

Stanley Gambarin (gambarin@OpenMarket.com)
Fri, 20 Dec 1996 16:25:28 -0500

To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 16:25:28 -0500
From: Stanley Gambarin <gambarin@OpenMarket.com>

	Due to the latest spam on fastcgi-developers mailing list, we have
changed the policy by allowing only people who are subscribed to the mailing
list to actually post the messages.
	The above however, introduced the number of problems.  Because of the
software that we are using (majordomo), it does not recognize that the same
person can send the message from the different machines within the same
domain.  As such, if you send the message to the mailing list from the machine
other than the one you subscribed to the list from, I will recieve the
message indicating that non-member tried to post the message.  I can, of
course, forward the message to the list, but it will be tedious for both me
and you.  So, please exercise caution when sending messages to the mailing
list.  Alternatively, you can request majordomo to change you subscription
address by sending email to fastcgi-developers-request and indicating
the following line in the body
subscribe fastcgi-developers your_new_email_address@new_domain

						Thanks, Stanley.

* Stanley Gambarin			Open Market Inc.		      *
* FastCGI (soon-to-be) Guru		245 First St. Cambridge MA 02142      *
*					(617) - 949 - 7487		      *
* mailto:gambarin@openmarket.com					      *
* 				http://acs2.bu.edu:8001/~stanleyg (school)    *
*				mailto:stanleyg@cs.bu.edu		      *