Apache:Questions on mod_fastcgi

Stanley Gambarin (gambarin@OpenMarket.com)
Thu, 02 Jan 1997 12:21:49 -0500

To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 12:21:49 -0500
From: Stanley Gambarin <gambarin@OpenMarket.com>
Subject: Apache:Questions on mod_fastcgi

------- Forwarded Message
From: Jochen Wiedmann <Jochen.Wiedmann@Neckar-Alb.DE>

  Hello,

I've been setting up mod_fastcgi on Apache-1.2b3, Linux 2.0.27.
To test it, I am using the fcgi-perl module, version 0.26, as described
in

    http://www.fastcgi.com/kit/doc/fcgi-perl.htm

Now when I call up the example "hello" (being renamed to hello.fcgi
and Apache being configured to treat ".fcgi" as a FastCGI script)
everything works fine. Running httpd in debugging mode with -X
shows, that indeed the FastCGI module is used.

However, when I reload the script, the counter doesn't increase.
It seems like the program is loaded and immediately unloaded. Any
hints on this?

Another question: To be really useful, i'd need something like
Apache's "Action" directive for FastCGI binaries. So far I did
not find this working, or do I miss something?

Thanks a lot,

Jochen